Eat to LIVE!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Cholecystitis ~ and positive energy!

Another post share from my page on 30bananasaday.com:

So for the past four and a half days, I have been put on bed rest for gallbladder issues. On top of that, I have been firmly scolded "no fat diet!" ... As a matter of fact, my doctor labeled my diet as the BRAT diet, she says, "a BRAT diet for a brat." :D
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast (with jelly)
Let me also mention that I have known my doctor for over ten + years. She is a naturopath and offers a great deal of homeopathic remedies. My daughters have only seen her as their PCP/Pediatrician. Since their first week of age they have both gone to this amazing doctor for adjustments and all around care. Never have they had to go to a hospital or typical doctors office or real pediatrician! I have a lot of respect for my doctor and value her knowledge and care.
So! Yesterday morning I was feeling pretty sad knowing I had cholecystitis. I was being quite the Debbie downer, no joke. Then found myself when talking to a friend and realized, this entire situation is a blessing!!! I'm not pinned up in a hospital bed somewhere getting nutrients and hydration flooded into my veins via IV's. I don't have a tube going down my nose into my stomach to pump liquids out... AND!! I'm not scheduled to have my gallbladder taken out!! I'm in the comfort of my own home, amongst my amazing family resting and taking it easy!
I've dealt with lack of energy for quite some time now and THIS could be part of the reason... And now THIS is being addressed. :) I'm thankful. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I know this will pass, I'll keep my GB and I'll move on with knowledge on how to tweak my diet even further to prevent future attacks... And sure, pick up some energy along the way! This site and the 30BaD lifestyle calls to me and I am listening! I've gotta keep my diet low fat and what better way than this right here!! :)) thrilling!!
So yes, I'm dealing with cholecystitis but I have a very positive and uplifted attitude about it! I love myself and I love my body... My eyes have been opened and I will do my best to take care of myself for the long haul.
Today I feel better than yesterday :) and that's fantastic!!

Cheers!!
She Fit Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment