Eat to LIVE!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Passionate vegan with digestive issues and now cholecystitis

I've started blogging over at 30bananasaday.com to get advice and learn more about the banana girl diet. so here is the first blog post:

I've been plant-strong for nearly seven years now! Raising two beautiful girls on the plant-strong diet as well. Our lifestyle of choice works for us! We love a colorful array of veggies, fruit salads, grains and all of the wonderful superfoods we come across.
I tend to dabble in raw adventures from time to time and even embark on juice feasts! Hey! Juice is part of this families lifestyle :) we love it! For quite some time, I have been following Freelee and her chosen lifestyle. I have always been so intrigued with how great she looks and the high amount of energy she has given to her by the diet she owns. I've tried in the past the 80-10-10 diet and couldn't seem to stick with it. Still kept following Freelee and understood that her diet was somewhat different than the 80-10-10 diet. I decided to stick to my plant-based raw and cooked ways since this is what I knew and since my passion for leading a cruelty free life ran deep into my veins, this was one lifestyle choice I knew I wouldn't be caught falling off the bandwagon on!
Digestive issues, yes. Gas and bloating, yes! Energy levels low, yes. Poor sleep patterns, mmhm. I was getting frustrated!! Why is it that I choose to put only good into my body, yet I'm tired all the time, I can't lose weight (I'm sitting at 15-20 pounds over), I have poor digestion.... And hey!! Don't get me started on the excess cellulite. I feel like I'm the only vegan in the world who doesn't "look" vegan hahahaha... It's true! And junk food vegan I am not!
So here I am now, 30 years old, and lying in bed with cholecystitis. Understanding that even the good fats can disturb the gallbladder. I'm going on my fourth day in bed. I feel that there was a reason for me to be following Freelee for so long. And recently I gained a great desire to truly understand her low fat high carb diet. I feel I have the tools to correct this cholecystitis via diet change. And this amazing site, 30BaD will be my book of knowledge from others who have possibly been where I am and have seen positive changes by jumping on the banana girl diet!! I'm determined to not lose my gallbladder! The body was made with love and energy... And organs!! ;) This is my organ along with all the others and I want to keep it. I'm always open to advice, so if you have it and you have the desire to share, then please do so. I appreciate all! Let love and light be all around and healing energy.
Ahimsa
She Fit Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment